Frankfort-Schuyler Elementary Bus Rules
Parent /Guardian Information
- Please have your child ready for the bus at least ten minutes before scheduled to be picked-up
- Child must be waiting outside at the end of the driveway or at the identified bus stop
- Call the bus garage at 895-4150 and leave a message to let the bus company know that your will not be riding the bus. Please leave your child’s name and the name of the bus that your child rides.
- Waiting for the bus
- Be at the bus stop on time. Stand well away from the curb; wait quietly for the bus.
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before boarding.
- Don’t crowd your friends getting on or off the bus; board and exit one at a time.
- Never play or stand in the aisles; find a seat and sit down.
Riding on the bus
- Listen to the bus driver and monitor; follow their directions!
- Don’t stick anything out the windows.
- Stay in your seat.
- Talk quietly with your friends.
- Don’t throw things in the bus.
- Getting on, off, and around the bus
- Avoid the Danger Zone, because it’s difficult for the driver to see you in this area.
- Take 10 giant steps beyond the front bumper of the bus before you turn to cross the street. This lets the driver maintain eye contact with you while you cross.
- Look both ways before crossing a street, and wait for driver’s signal.
- NEVER cross the street behind the bus!
- Keep away from the bus if you drop or forget something.