Welcome to the Elementary School Counseling web page!
What do School Counselors do?
- Work with all students to encourage a safe school climate
- Deliver classroom lessons that align to ASCA standards
- Facilitate small groups
- Meet individually with students to do brief, solution-focused counseling
- Collaborate with all stakeholders, which can include parents/guardians, teachers, school psychologist, administration, nurses, and/or outside service providers
- Help students work through difficult situations
- Facilitate peer mediations
- Support the academic, personal/social, and career needs of all students.
Frankfort-Schuyler School Counselors provide a Comprehensive Developmental Guidance Plan that helps all students reach their maximum potential and become lifelong learners. Our program aligns with the American School Counselor Association’s standards.