Welcome to Frankfort-Schuyler Central School District's Health Offices
As the school population becomes increasingly more diverse, student health needs become more complex. Societal changes, especially those involving family structure, have impinged as well as impacted, on school health services.
As the School Nurses,we have the opportunity and responsibility to promote optimal levels of wellness in my schools' population. Health and intellectual development of children are inextricably related. Recognizing the interrelationship between levels of wellness and learning, Frankfort-Schuyler's Health Services program is designed to enable the individual to function to the best of his/her capabilities physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
Cold & Flu Season
As we are approaching cold and flu season, it is important to remember proper handwashing techniques.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. (Hum the Happy Birthday song from beginning to end twice).
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- Parents, it is recommended that your child remain home 24 hours fever free without medication before returning to school.