Frankfort-Schuyler National Junior Honor Society
Frankfort-Schuyler 8th graders,
COLIN BICK, ANGELA LYUBEZHANINA, SOMALI MATHLIN, JENETTA MERDANOVIC,
BRIANNA MULLENAX and MOLLY REID
have been nominated by the FSMS Faculty Committee for the
2020 NJHS OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD!
The award recognizes 500 exceptional NJHS students nationwide with a certificate of recognition, a medallion and a $500 award, which will be placed in a college savings account.
The Outstanding Achievement Award is given to NJHS members who have demonstrated excellence in the five pillars of NJHS: scholarship, service, leadership, character and citizenship.
To be eligible for the award, the student must be a current NJHS member in good standing at an NJHS affiliated school.
Pictured below: 2019 Recipients DESTANY MARTINEX and ANGELINA TANGORRA; Nominees also included Abigail Ogievich and Olivia Teachout.
OUR 2020 INDUCTION CEREMONY WILL BE HELD MARCH 18th!
The Frankfort-Schuyler NJHS inducted new members on
March 20, 2019!
New 7th and 8th grade students are selected in the spring and invited to join this prestigious group based on their scholarship achievement, leadership characteristics, service to school/community, and overall character.
GOOD LUCK IN HIGH SCHOOL TO OUR 2019 ONE-YEAR MEMBERS! LOOKING FORWARD TO CONTINUED SUCCESS IN WORKING TOWARD National Honor Society!
During the 2019-2020 school year, FS NJHS students are participating in several acts of appreciation, as well as volunteer and service activities:
- NJHS is encouraging all students to do their best with our display: "TIPS FOR SUCCESS from NJHS". Students wrote suggestions and words of encouragement to display near the FSMS Honor Roll, posted outside the MS Office.
- October is NATIONAL PRINCIPAL"S MONTH!!! NJHS, and all FSMS students appreciate our principal and all she does for us...
Thank you, Mrs. LiBritz!!!
- NJHS raised over $450 for local flood victims after the flooding that occured on October 31, 2019
- The group has "adopted" three local children as part of the GRAM LORRAINE Christmas Clothing program, providing holiday gifts for local children in need this Christmas!
- Several NJHS students will participate in the FSMS annual MATH-A-THON to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
- Individual students are continuously taking part in charity fundraisers and volunteer activities in the community.
- NJHS celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week May 7th - May 11th with a banner, "teacher award" certificates and small treats in each teacher's mailbox in the morning!
The NJHS is a program of NAASP ( the National Association of Secondary School Principals) and was designed with the purpose of creating enthusiasm for SCHOLARSHIP, stimulating a desire to render SERVICE, promoting LEADERSHIP and developing CHARACTER in the students of secondary schools.
Our chapter consists of those students who excel and strive to succeed in all areas,
as well as to be an example for and help others achieve success.
NJHS FACULTY COMMITTEE
MRS. CORDERO MS. NEWTOWN MS. OLSON