Welcome to Family and Consumer Science
Where students discover the FACS of life!
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences is to prepare individuals to be competent, confident and caring in managing their personal, family and career lives. The Family and Consumer Sciences curriculum is a course designed to help young people in a society of constant change and to improve their quality of life by preparing them to meet their present and future responsibilities as family members, consumers, home managers and wage earners.
CLASSROOM DISCIPLINE PLAN
1. Be respectful to yourself, your peers and whoever is in charge.
2. Be prepared for class every day (pen or pencil, folder, paper, agenda)
3. Be on time.
4. Be polite.
5. Follow all school rules at all times.
6. Absolutely NO CELL PHONES in class at any time
1st time - warning - name written on notepad.
2nd time - meeting after class.
3rd time – detention, call home to parents
4th time - student will be sent to principal’s office.
SEVERE - sent to principal with discipline referral. (Consists of fighting, violation of safety procedures, vandalism or insubordination.)
Students who choose to follow the classroom rules will receive a 100% for their participation grade, which will count as 15% of your overall average. A 2 point deduction will occur for each infraction:
· Talking out of turn
· Late to class
· Being off task/out of seat without permission
· Unprepared for class (no pen/pencil, no folder, no paper, no agenda, no assignment, etc.)
· Inappropriate or disrespectful behavior
**supply check "pop quizzes" will be held throughout the semester, and will count as a 5pt. quiz grade. You should have all your supplies in class at all times! This includes your signed discipline policy! **
Please feel free to contact me at extension 3145 or
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!